Research at the Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology
Cooperation with important workplaces of relevant fields in the Czech Republic
- Department of Surgery of the Vítkovice Hospital, Ostrava
- Endoscopic Center, Internal Clinic, University Hospital Ostrava
- Center of Bariatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Ostrava
- Children's Department of the Vítkovice Hospital, Ostrava
- Osteodensitometric laboratory, NZZ Bormed
- Faculty of Safety Engineering, VŠB-TU Ostrava
- National Institute of Public Health (SZÚ) Prague
- Department of Pathological Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno
- Department of Health Protection and Promotion, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Brno
- Semix Pluso, s.r.o. Otice
- Institute of Experimental Endocrinology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovak Republic
- EndoTools Therapeutics (Endomina), Belgium
- GI Windows, USA
- Expert activities of the Institute are focused on:
- Nutritional counseling in reducing weight and obesity
- Measurement and evaluation of body composition
Research directions and services
The researchers of the Institute focus on three areas. Two of them relate to the context of nutrition and civilization diseases, metabolic syndrome, the third is linked to neurosciences:
- Nutrition problems and related health disorders;
- Nutritional and sensory composition of food.
- Study of circadian rhythms, sleep and sensory deprivation.
The research activities are carried out in cooperation with the clinical workplaces of the region and with the public.
We use modern techniques to analyze body composition, organ function, tissue metabolism, genetic basis and resting metabolism measurements.
The staff of the Institute has research contacts with selected institutions in the Czech Republic and abroad.
Research activity is critically dependent on grant support for research projects.
Updated: 30. 03. 2020