Why study at the Faculty of Medicine
The Faculty of Medicine is the Czech Republic’s youngest medical faculty. It was created in 2010 on the basis of the former Faculty of Health Care Studies (founded in 1993). The Faculty is a dynamic education provider and research institution offering a broad range of degrees. International students can study two degrees taught in English (General Medicine and Nursing). The curricula of these two degree programmes are exactly the same as their Czech-language counterparts, meeting all applicable international standards. The Faculty of Medicine ranks among the most modern centres of medical teaching and research in the Czech Republic, with state-of-the-art technology and premises. Teaching at the Faculty is rooted in an individual approach to each student, enabling students to develop their own unique skills and realize their full potential as medical and health care professionals. Students’ practical skill sets are developed by incorporating practical placements into the teaching system from the very first semester. The Faculty is also a major research centre, working in close conjunction with Ostrava’s University Hospital on medical, biomedical and health care-related research projects; students also have the opportunity to participate directly in research.
- A long tradition of specialist medical training at the University of Ostrava, with a strong emphasis on practical experience and an excellent range of modern equipment.
- A broad spectrum of degree programmes to study.
- Excellent prospects for graduates on the job market.
- A pleasant campus offering easy access to Ostrava’s key health care institutions.
- Practical training at renowned specialist departments of Ostrava’s University Hospital.
- Student participation in Faculty research.
- The option to spend part of the degree programme studying abroad at one of our international partners.
- Several active student organizations – IFMSA, Czechoslovak Association of Medics, FyzioCafé, ErgoCafé. The Faculty supports a range of student events – such as the annual First Aid Day, where students can practise their first aid skills in simulated situations.
University of Ostrava, Faculty of Medicine
703 00 Ostrava-Zábřeh
e-mail: Mgr. Linda Morisová