- Department of Anatomy
- Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Department of Clinic Subjects
- Department of Craniofacial Surgery
- Department of Epidemiology and Public Health
- Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Department of Histology and Embryology
- Department of Imaging Methods
- Department of Intensive Medicine and Forensic Studies
- Department of Neurology and Psychiatry
- Department of Nursing and Midwifery
- Department of Pediatrics and Neonatal Care
- Department of Rehabilitation
- Department of Surgical Studies
- Institute of Clinical Pharmacology
- Institute of Emergency Medicine
- Institute of Pathology
- Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Center for Epidemiological Research
About the Department of Rehabilitation
The Department of Rehabilitation currently offers two Bachelor’s degrees (Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy) and one Master’s degree (Physiotherapy), both for full-time students.
Starting in their first year, students take part in practical placements organized in conjunction with the Ostrava City Hospital - primarily with its Clinic of Rehabilitation and Physical Medicine, but also with other clinics at the hospital which provide equipment and facilities for practical tuition. Students also do practical placements with other partner institutions of the Department – including the Ostrava City Hospital, the Vítkovice Hospital, the Rehabilitation Institute in Hrabyně, and other workplaces in Ostrava and the wider region.
Research at the Department focuses on monitoring patients’ progress following replantation, polytrauma, strokes, spinal lesions and amputations. Staff at the Department also contribute to the development of methodological standards applicable in physiotherapy.
Students have the opportunity to take part in exchange Tallinn Health Care College (Estonia), Savonia University of Applied Sciences (Finland), the University of the Balearic Islands (Spain), the University of Valencia (Spain), and the University of Wolverhampton (UK).
The Department also organizes a range of events for the professional community, including lectures and presentations by leading experts.