Grant Competition START-UP
The Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, University of Ostrava (FMUO) and the Director of the University Hospital Ostrava (UHO) announce Grant Competition START-UP 2021 for the years 2022–2024.
The Competition for awarding a Start-up grant is announced within the following 6 scientific fields of medicine:
- Oncology and hematooncology
- Information technologies, robotics, artificial intelligence and virtual reality in medicine
- Cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases
- Surgical specialities, with the preference of mini-invasive surgery
The period for Start-up grant realization is determined for the period of 12–36 months, with the start day of the Project realization being 1st January 2022.
The Start-up grant will be funded by LF OU and FN Ostrava, in the maximum amount of 3 000 000 CZK (approx. 110 000 EUR).
The Principle Investigator of the Start-up grant must meet the following requirements:
- is an academic or research worker,
- has not completed the age of 40 years in the year of submission of the Project proposal,
- is the holder of the Ph.D. title at the time of submitting the Project proposal,
- produces excellent results in his/her field of expertise, and participates upon international cooperation,
- must not be an employee of FMUO or UHO at the time of submitting the proposal.
Announcement of the Competition: 1. 1. 2021
Competition deadline: t is possible to submit applications to the Competition from 1st February 2021 to 15th March 2021 (24:00), using an electronic form in the electronic form to the address of the Competition or by mail to the following address: Department of Research and Development Activities, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ostrava, Syllabova 19, 703 00 Ostrava-Vítkovice, Czech Republic
Evaluation deadline: 15th March 2021 – 1st October 2021
Announcement of results: 1st October 2021
Start day of the projects: 1st January 2022
Updated: 10. 01. 2021